English Native Editorial Assistant / Junior Reporter
February 6, 2015
Afronline.org is web portal that promotes independent African media, powered by Vita.it.
We produce quality content (interviews, opinions and analyses) for various African media partners.
We gather and disseminate quality information from a wide network of African independent media (newspapers, radio, TV, web and social media) through our web portal.
The Editorial Assistant / Junior Reporter will produce content in English for our online publications and weekly newsletter through regular desk-based monitoring of African Independent media and by conducting interviews in English and possibly French.
He/she will also assist with editorial tasks delegated by the Editor-in chief and Project Assistant, such as online content management and social media.
• English native speaker with excellent writing and editing skills.
• French is a strong advantage.
• A passion for journalism, with some evidence of editorial work experience.
• Strong interest in the African continent (politics, culture, development).
• Proactive, relaxed and easygoing.
• Some Italian is also welcome, as most of the staff is Italian.
What we offer
• You will work for a web media that boasts a large network of media partners throughout the African continent and has been running for over 5 years.
• A very flexible working environment, in which you’ll be able to propose new ideas and topics to write about.
• You will work under the supervision of two professional journalists with years of experience.
• You will be based in ther dynamic Mundo-J building, a center for non profit organizations (full list here) just a few steps from the European Parliament.
• The internship will last for a minimum of 3 months.
• A small monthly allowance will be provided to cover basic expenses.
• Full-time commitment is necessary (minimum of 4 days per week or 6 hours per day).